Thursday, January 11, 2007

How Is Your Cell Servi.....................

What is it about cell phones that we like so much? Is it being able to make calls where ever we go? Is it the ability to be reached where ever we are?

I would bet that it is not because they work like a nuclear submarine, non-stop. I have come to this conclusion about my own cell phone, Ok my own WORK cell phone. I am a tech junkie, if I can find that there is some neat reason to have some new technology I will find a way to get it at some point in my life. For example DVD player for the car. Reason to have, keeps kids quite on long car trips. So when I got my newest Nextel phone for work, due to the fact that I broke the other one, I was felt good, all the new features had me hooked. It has Bluetooth, a camera, and an MP3 and I was thinking WOW this is cool.

Maybe however I should have been more concerend about how the phone works, since that is what I really have it for. Now the phone service is ok. No wait let me rethink that it STINKS. I can't get good reception in my office where I get lots of calls on it due to the fact that customers know the number and call me there. On the train to and from NYC, the train might go about 3 train lenghts and it drops my call. In the car it drops out routinly at one particular spot on my way home. So I give the default "if my phone drops I will call you back" message.

At times I have been on a call in the car for 30 min. or more and then it drops. Of course this will be when you are on hold with someone or just gotten through to someone after going through the War and Peace of voice mail prompts and button pushes. When that happens I come darn close to opening the car window and chucking the phone into the woods. Maybe Rocky and Bullwinkle can get it to work better than I can.

I was once using the phone to call Nextel for support and it started to drop the call, you know how that goes the reception gets worse and worse until it is dropped. The last thing I heard the Nextel rep say was "are you there?" I am not sure if she heard me but my response was "Yes I am on your crappy Nextel phone?"

So maybe in the future the cell phones will get better and we will all be happy. However I don't think that they wil..................................

I call you back when I get in range!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Brother in law, I agree totally with you, but it has more friends than any other I know. With free cingular to cingular calls who can beat it.