Monday, July 09, 2007

Tired of Being Lukewarm

Well it has been quite some time since I have posted here, and this is going to be a far cry from the last posts that you have seen on my site. I have tried to be humorous and light hearted, but that is going to change on this one.

One of my favorite radio shows that I listen to on my ipod every day is Way of The Master Radio. They always have segments on the show that make me think deeper into my faith in Christ and how to share that with other people. On one of the most recent programs the host of the show went to Luther Seminary in St. Paul, MN and asked students there some question. The answers that he got could almost make me choke. Before I go any further, I am either going to make people agree with God's word or I am going to make people angry with what I am about to say (Hebrews 4:12-13) . But I am basing my statements on Biblical truth and not my opinions.

So what are the questions that were asked of the Lutheran Seminary students, here they are.
  1. Who goes to Heaven?
  2. Who goes to Hell?
  3. Is homosexuality a sin?
There were some others but those were the primary questions asked. So what kind of answers would you have expected.
  1. People that have repented and turned from there sins and believe in Christ. (Romans 10:9-10 and Luke 13:3)
  2. People that have not repented and believe in Christ (Romans 2:5-8 and Revelation 21:8)
  3. Yes! (1 Corinthians 6:9-10 and Romans 1:26-27)
Well those are not the answers that were given by the Lutheran Seminary students and PROFESSORS, no wonder the students have it wrong, so do the professors. So here are some of their answers. I am giving you the most outrageous however they were all over the map on these questions. Biblical they were all wrong.
  1. "Everyone goes to Heaven" "I am not sure" (Your in seminary and don't know the answer to this yet, bad sign) "People that believe and accepted Jesus" (Accepted Jesus? where is that in the Bible? Jesus needs to accept us not the other way around)
  2. That is not for me to judge. (They were quick to point out who would go to heaven, however no one wanted to tread down the road of who would go to hell.)
  3. "Nope not a sin" "The action is a sin put the person is not sinfull" (WHAT)
It was hard for me to keep the car on the road while I was trying to swallow all the answers that these students were giving out. I am sure that part of the problem is that they don't believe that the Bible is the infallible word of God, as they stated to the host of the show. They felt that the Bible was written by man and had mistakes in it. (Proverbs 30:5-6 and 2 Timothy 3:16-17)

So that is just some of what was discussed, and they had another two hours on the Episcopal church. Seemed to have the same pathetic answers to the questions that were asked during those two hours as well.

So I am tired of being a luke warm Christian. It may take me some time to get up to the point were I talk a lot about my faith to people in public, however I am getting my spiritual armor on and I am sharpening my sword of the Spirit which is the word of God. (Ephesians 6:10-17) so that when the time comes I can give an answer to someone as to the hope that lies within me. (1 Peter 3:15)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I caught that episode as well, and it was disheartening that seminary students don't know the gospel.

I would like to offer encouragement for you to get out there and start witnessing. I think it's very hard to get started, but I highly reccomend it. It helped me to find other people who were doing it, and a couple of good websites for that are:
http://thegreatnews.com/contactleaders.html
and
http://www.myfishinghole.com/

Hopefully there's someone in your area.