Thursday, October 26, 2006

Roaring Tiger, Crouching Dad, Part 2

So after the archery off we go to the BB guns. The weapon of choice for any self respecting 6 year old that wants to "shoot your eye out". For those of you not familier with that line start watching your Christmas movies. So here we are at the shooting range, the first time that KZ has ever picked up a gun of any fashion that has a projectile that actually shoots out the end of it. Unless you count suction cup darts, in that case he has had a gun and bow and arrow that he has used. In fact he wanted to play William Tell with his sister the first time he got the bow and arrow. I 'll save that story for another time.

So we all march in and sit down to listen to the instructor that thinks BB guns are the same as a .50 caliber sniper rifle and gives us the safety lecture. Don't get me wrong I think that the safety is very important, and I so much as told KZ that if he did not follow the instructions given I would remove him from the range myself. We also had to here the instructor tell us that the big bad government wanted to take our guns away and to vote for Charlton Heston in November, if we cared about protecting ourselves.

Now onto the shooting. I gave KZ some tips about using the sites on the gun and lineing them up however it is pretty hard to know if he is doing it right. KZ does not have a hole in the back of his head like the Six Million Dollar Man doll that I had when I was a kid. So the only way I could tell if he had it some what right was weather or not he actually hit the target.

He did, in fine fashion. He had about 19 holes in the paper when he was done and about 4 of them were in the black center section of the target (about 3" in diameter). So I think that maybe we are ready to go off to Africa with the Elephant gun and take down the big game. But we are going to stop and vote first.

No comments: