Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Evil Digit !


You get to see all sorts of things when you visit NYC. Take a look at the attached picture, see anything missing? I think my kids could even figure this one out. My NYC office is on the 20th floor, or is it.

Yes, by now you have probably noticed that the 13th floor is missing. Oops, the 13th floor is not missing, some doofus decided to label the 13th floor number 14. I know that some people are superstitious and all but if you were really superstitious about the number 13 do you think you would be on the 14th floor?

A comedian that I heard on XM radio one day was talking about this problem. He said that the 14th floor is the 13th floor and if you don't think so jump out the window a count the floors on the way down, you will hit the ground a floor sooner!

But then if you completed the test, being superstitious of the 13th floor will no longer be a problem. So my office is on the 19th floor, I wish people could get it right.

No comments: