Sunday, November 26, 2006

I Can't Drive 55 !!!!!



This is one one of my favorite rock songs, "I Can't Drive 55" by Sammy Hagar. However sometimes living by that philosophy, can get me in trouble. As it did the other day. I was visiting my mother-in-law and was traveling down the road that heads to her house and I got busted.
The speed limit / recommendation, was 35 MPH. Now usually I try not to be 10 MPH over the recommendation, this time my foot was a little heavier than usual (I should have a license plate that reads "Pb Foot", go back to chemistry class to figure it out) and I was not paying attention. As I was traveling (flying) down the road, out of the corner of my eye I see one of Pennsylvania's finest.Now why is it that no matter when you see one of these beautiful cars sitting on the side of the road you hit the breaks and slow down. Why don't we look at the speedometer and say hey I am driving the speed limit and all is good. I would guess it it because most of us don't drive the speed limit. So we assume that we are driving to fast and need to slow down.For me however at that point it was too late. I was busted! I slowed down as soon as I saw him and I knew he was going to pull out and test his lights to make sure that they were working, right behind me! So I pulled into the nearest neighborhood and started the routine of digging through all the other trash in the glove box looking for my registration, insurance, and thank goodness I had my license. My wife knows all to well that there are times that I leave my licences at home by accident. v>

So I gave the nice trooper my info and he tells me why he pulled me over. "Sir, you were going 53 in a 35 zone". Ouch! 18 MPH over the limit. This is going to hurt. Mr. Trooper takes the info that I have provided and walks back to his car to write me a note (or ticket). Whatever you call it we all know that we don't ever want to get one. As the officer is in his car my wife and I are already discussing

No comments: