Friday, November 03, 2006

Stuck in a Closet

So I have been going to NYC on a weekly basis for about the last 3 weeks now. Quite and interesting experience.

Now I have been to NYC before as a tourist however not in the capacity of a business traveler that has to stay over night. So the last few times that I have had to stay in a hotel, the price and the SIZE or lack there of has been surprising.

I have stayed at two hotels in the Manhattan area. One was the Hotel Pennsylvania, supposedly a famous hotel in Manhattan. Two hundred bucks for the night and the AC did not work. I was very hot and uncomfortable for the whole night. The next morning I find that the shower head was placed at a level for say ................. my son who is a whopping 4 feet tall. However for me at 6'1" my chest gets quite the blast of water, and for those of you that know me and the condition of my head, soaking my head before shaving makes me look like a cripple that can't stand up straight in the shower (Sorry to give you all that image, I know it is burned in your mind now). So I decided that I would not be returning to this hotel.

Hotel two Econo Lodge, the name is quite deceiving for a hotel in NYC, nothing Econ about it. Cost $206.00 per night. I think the room was smaller than the last one. I could shimmy around the bed but walking like a normal human was kind of out of the question. As you can see from the picture, if someone was sitting at the desk you can forget getting to the bed. Now on to the pluses. The shower head was actually above my head, and the AC in the room did work and I was quite comfortable. So I think I have found the place that I will be staying for the times I have to go up to NYC. The "NOT ECONO LODGE" on 47th st.

No comments: